Friday, April 18, 2008

End of the Week Update:

My last 2 days at worked sucked. Wed I was in a terrible mood and I had to take care of 2 depressing cases. One kid will never leave the hospital and the other is neurologically devastated and will be on a vent forever. I kept thinking that his case sounded familiar but I didn't work in the PICU when he was initially injured. At 3pm, the evening secretary came in and enlightened me-I had assessed him for organ donation a year and a half ago when he came in. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your point of view, he still has a little bit of brain stem left-just enough to give him clonus every so often.

Yesterday was worse and I had to stay late to catch up. My day was going swimmingly until I had to take a 2 hour road trip to specials AND got an admission, a fresh post-op, at the same time. And I pissed off the fellow, who's already pretty pissy if you ask me. Ah, well. I did get my starting date, finally, for the new job, April 28th. Then I guess I can start bitching to the anonymous innernets about that job.

Anyhoo, now that I've vented-thanks innernets!- We've got two carnivals this week:

Grand Rounds was Tuesday at Women's Health News. Next week it's at Dr. Val.

Also, this week, Change of Shift was up at Nurse Sean's.

Enjoy the reading...I'll be back at work all weekend.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Happy Nurses' Day!! Hope you are enjoying your new job.

=)Amanda