7 Things you probably don't know about me:
1. I love hot rods. My high school boyfriend had a '71 Chevelle, forest green with 2 fat racing stripes. Hearst shifter, ladder bars, headers, dual exhaust(of course), hood scoop. The whole megilla. We used to spend time at Englishtown-Raceway Park, especially for the swap meets. I didn't date him just for the car. But it didn't hurt his cause. Years later I had a white, 4 door Impala. That thing could cruise. And everybody, I mean everybody, got out of my way. Sweet.
2. I can change my own oil. And tires. And spark plugs. I can damn near do a complete tuneup. Just don't tell my husband.
3. I'm almost always happiest by myself. I think it's because my siblings are so much older, that I was practically an only child. I'm never bored, I can spend an afternoon reading or drawing or going to a movie-by myself. My husband thought I was completely odd for going to movies alone, but really, what's the point of going with someone? Well, except to pick apart the movie afterwards-but you really need the right person for that.
I do sometimes crave company, which leads to #4. I am totally shy. No, really. I'm good at talking to people when I'm in some "authority" position: nurse, preceptor, mom, etc. But small talk, meeting new people-I'm totally at a loss. I'm a little better now that I'm, well, older. But in my teens and 20's-forget it. And the worst part about being shy is that people think you're aloof or stand-offish. Once I had my picture taken for work and I looked so mad. I showed my dad and he said, "you always look like that."
5. I have a water phobia. And a varsity letter in swimming.
6. I am very contrary. See #5.
7. I love to do 8 million things at once. Back when I was single, my bed would be covered in crafts projects, books, writing tablets, my phone, snacks, and a cat or two. It's no coincidence I worked in the ER. Give me an abdominal pain, a renal colic, a shortness of breath and two vomiting children and I'm good to go. Maybe that's why I like being a coordinator. You're either at a standstill or you're doing everything at the same time.
Come back soon and maybe I'll have some real writing done. Or not.
In lieu of quality content, I offer you a cute photo:
Look Mama, while you were away, we made fudgicles!