Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sweet

Every day I have Google Alerts send me articles on organ donation and transplant. Today, my own article was forwarded to ME. With byline. Nice.

I feel like a real author.

I finally have a day off. Last Friday and Saturday I was on call. Friday was quiet, but I spent all day Saturday with the nicest family who said no. I think that's going to be my next post: Even the Nicest Families Say No. Sunday, although I was off, I offered to go back in and spend some more time with the family, because I knew our reverend would be in church and they didn't know the TC who relieved me. Monday and Tuesday I did triage, where I answer the phones and send other TCs hither and yon. Tuesday into Wednesday I got called at 2230, 0030, 0100, 0200, 0530 and then at 0700 I had to give report to the oncoming triage person. I did manage to have a little nap with the baby later in the day and let me say this, naps are extremely underrated. I may have to continually have small fries around so I have an excuse to nap when this one is bigger. At least until I get to that age when I have to turn up the sound on the TV, then I can nap with impunity. Oh, wait. I have to turn up the TV now. Crap.

Grand Rounds is up at Wandering Visitor. I'm working on a cold, but if I get stuck in bed, guess what I'll be reading. I especially like Susan's post at Rickety Contrivances about, as WV says, the love that exists among us.

It's been blistering hot in Jersey, temperature in the 90's, humidity in the 90's. I hear there are states where, when the humidity hits 30%, it rains. Not NJ. Oh, no. We've got a climate would would make the natives of Mumbai weep and gnash their teeth. But there's a thunderstorm on the horizon and the wind is whipping up, making the first breeze of the week. I don't think I could live in a place without thunderstorms and if I have to stand the humidity, so be it.

No more call til Monday. Sweet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Every day I have Google Alerts send me articles on organ donation and transplant. Today, my own article was forwarded to ME. With byline. Nice.

I feel like a real author."

SWEET!!! That must have been a real ego-boost, being sent your own article. Good for you!

Re: thunderstorms... I miss them SO MUCH. I grew up in the Midwest and had no idea how much I loved Mother Nature's wrath until I moved to the thunderstorm-less California.

Funky Mango said...

Woohoo congratulations on byline!

I've just been asked to write a chapter for an undergraduate-level textbook. Yes. Me.

:-/

I'm going to be in a book!

Susan Palwick said...

Congrats on the byline, and thanks for the kind words about my post! And yes, I remember that New Jersey heat-n'-humidity very well, and not fondly. I'm very grateful to be living in a desert these days, rather than a swamp.

PJ Geraghty said...

Blistering hot is 90s? Hell, in Phoenix it's so hot that the EMS has to move motorcycle wreck patients out of the street and up onto the slightly-cooler curb because they (the patients) might burn their tushies on the blacktop. True story, trust me on this one. It's not just the percocet talking.