Monday, August 25, 2008

Universal Theory



The family's asleep. (Except for The Teen-she only sleeps during the day). I'm heady with the excitement of web-surfing without feeling guilty or being interrupted for the 88th time. I hardly know where to begin. I lie. Let's begin with my new favorite site: Pioneer Woman. She's my new heroine. Wife, Mom, Cowgirl-what's not to love? Mostly, I envy her ability to pull all areas of her life into one, cool, nifty, link-filled blog. For those in the know (all 3 of you), I have three blogs: this 'ere one, Laughing-Baby, (which is pretty much just my articles for the George St. Coop), and P is for Pooter, my baby blog. Which prompted Robin, from Nova Scotia, to say, "How many blogs do you HAVE, for cryin' out loud?" or something like that.

Anyhoo, I've been thinking for some time about tidying up my baggage, er, I mean bloggage. But I really like the whole donorcycle motif, ya' know? Also, I do get annoyed from time to time with Blogger's inability to say, space properly or upload a picture. So if any of you have mad web skillz, I'd love to talk with you about having my own site, with cool links and funky graphics that aren't stolen from Google images, etc. and that would be easy to maintain and (fingers crossed) maybe turned into a real, money making proposition. Make me an offer, I'm easy. (Shut up, all of you and get your minds out of the gutter.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I REALLY need the help of you and your friends.

We are working to raise Organ Donation Awareness. PLEASE PASS ALONG TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

We are competing for a $1.5 million dollar grant from American Express to promote organ donation awareness. With your support,
"Second Chances: Mobile Organ Donation Awareness" project could save countless lives.

http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/UZHKO0

THE STORY TO PASS ALONG: My niece, Melissa, who has been fighting an unrelenting battle with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) for 18
years was blessed to receive two double lung transplants in her short life of 18 years. Melissa is well-aware that for many others
this is not the case, as she has watched 7 friends with CF pass on while awaiting organs.

WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Melissa is competing for $1.5 million dollars from American Express to promote organ donation awareness. With your support,
her "Second Chances: Mobile Organ Donation Awareness" project could save countless lives.

THE DEADLINE:
Please nominate Melissa's project by clicking on the link below and please forward this email to as many people as possible. Our
goal is 5000 nominations! The Nomination deadline is September 1, 2008!

http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/UZHKO0


WE THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS IMPORTANT CAUSE! PLEASE PASS ALONG TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

2ndHeartBeat said...

TC,

I'm not an Internet expert but my web site costs me $11.99/mo and I have the ability to do a great many things. (Even more than I have right now). For example, you could have a blog page for each facet of you life if you wanted ... Pooter, Professional, Teenager, Hubby, etc, etc .... another page for pictures. Or any combination you'd like. (You can see I'm a linear thinker, LOL) Drop me a line if you'd like to know more.(I never thought of it as a money making venture, but I suppose you could)

My2ndHeartBeat

www.2ndheartbeat.com