Friday, September 07, 2007

Catching up


I haven't been doing much writing lately. I feel like I'm in the doldrums.* Maybe it's the heat. While I generally eschew central air conditioning, I wouldn't mind sitting in a cooler right about now. It could be worse I suppose. At least I'm not in California.


I didn't write my monthly article for the George St. Co-op, which I put up on my Laughing Baby site. At this blog, I've been doing my bestest to bring you light and breezy postings, devoid of actual content, if at all possible. I haven't sent anything to a blog carnival in ages, and, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not writing for the NJO blog anymore. It was all part of a grand plan to start a large project this month, now that I'm only working 36 hours a week instead of 176 (go get your calculators, I'll wait).


I've also been ignoring some of my favorite blogs and blog events. If I have the time I'm going to sit down and read this week's Grand Rounds and Change of Shift. Then, if the baby's not crying yet and the dog doesn't need walking, I'll read the Grand Rounds from the previous week at one of my favorite sites, Rickety Contrivances of Doing Good. I wish I had known, I would have liked to post something for that one-sorry Susan.


Anyway, my horoscope for this week says that if I get off my lazy ass and invest some time in a new project, I'll make loads of dough. Hey, ya never know. But the get off my lazy ass part is good advice from anyone.




*And if you make any analogies concerning hot air and this blog, you'd be right on the mark.

No comments: