Tuesday, October 02, 2007

When Everson Walls donated one of his kidneys to Ron Springs earlier this year, it made news. Now it's making legislation. Rep William Lacy Clay (D-MO) is sponsoring a bill named after both players. The Everson Walls and Ron Springs Gift for Life Act of 2007 (HR 3635) hopes to fund a national resource center and grants for organ transplant needs. Walls and Springs together have started a foundation to promote organ donation.

For your weekly carnival update, the new SurgExperiences is up at Suture for a Living, one of my new, favorite blogs. Also, Grand Rounds is up at Musings of a Distractible Mind(note the new blog address). Great Dr. Seuss theme this week, rhymes included!

Happy Reading.

3 comments:

BillyBob said...

TC , do you think my blog will affect my status as a potential liver transplant candidate? There's a lot of frustration, and venting...

Shig said...

I LERV your blog and I'm pretty sure your transplant team is too busy to surf the innernets. I think venting and frustration is more than understandable. Just stay clean and keep doing what your doing. I hope that liver comes along soon. Good luck, my friend.

rlbates said...

Thanks for your nice comments TC. Billybob, best of luck to you.