Tell all your friends, yes, even your imaginary, internet friends, that JULY 18th is Blogging for Organ Donation day. This is being sponsored by BlogCatalog with the hopes of raising organ donation awareness and getting folks to sign up to be organ donors. What can YOU do?
1. Link to organdonor.gov and/or UNOS. (In the effort of full disclosure, you can also link to matching donors dot com. I will not, as I do not support their efforts). If you live outside the US, link to your country's organ donation site, if you have one. The British Organ Donor Society (BODY-the Y is really an psi, you clever Brits!) has a site with links to organ & tissue donation websites around the world.
2. On July 18th, On Wednesday, July 18, write a blog post asking all your readers to sign up as organ donors. Your blog post should:
• Have the title “BlogCatalog Community Organ Donation Awareness Campaign” (or some variation)
• Explain the importance of organ donation and how it is a gift of life.
• Link to one (or all three) of the sites above or the most suitable site for your country.
• And add a link to our BlogCatalog Community Organ Donation Awareness Campaign page so we can give you and your blog credit for being part of it. (you have to sign up in order to do this.)
If you have any questions, email email@example.com