Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I hate traffic. I got called to help out with a DCD this evening. I typed the name of the hospital into Mapquest, may it rot in hell. Many miles later I realized it had given me the directions to the wrong hospital. Several frantic phonecalls that involved much cursing got me to the right place. Now, I don't know if you realize this, but New Jersians have a favorite past time. Every afternoon, around 4ish, every licensed driver gets behind the wheel of their car, drives to the nearest highway and parks their care for 3-4 hours. Literally, there is never a time when there is no traffic on the highways in New Jersey. Drive the Parkway at 4am on a Sunday morning, there will be traffic. In Montana, you can drive a day and half without seeing another car. Here, you can't drive a minute and a half.

Anyway, Grand Rounds is up at Aetiology. And don't forget to check out the NJO Blog, with some of the best nursing writing on teh internets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOGLE maps...... try that, next time!! After MAPQUEST got me lost for the umpteenth time someone told me about Google's map service- WHAT an improvement!! You just go to GOOGLE and above the space to type your searhc words in, should be a direct link to the map / directions service. Now I use GOOGLE all the time to look things up.... did I notice that before?? Noooooo! But it's a vastly superior program and ever so much more accurate! Good luck!

Shig said...

Great advice. Fortunately, or unfortunately, in a few weeks I'll only have to find my way to New Brunswick.